02 April 2015

B is for Barnacle

So what do I think of when I use the word barnacle...

Whales, the sperm ones. They are the largest whales in the world I think, but then they are called Sperm Whales and named Moby Dick in children's literature, or was that young adult? Whales because that's what barnacles grow on, they just attach to the hide and live there, and I think they are crustaceans. I guess you could actually eat them.

Did you know that the largest whale species, this sperm whale...haha ironic, but they eat the smallest living thing in the world, plankton. How do these whales grow so huge when that's all they eat? How much plankton must a whale eat to grow to be the biggest fish in the ocean? I'm asking YOU. The fat whale eats a light dinner of kale and splankton and then weighs over 15 million tons.

And how in the world do they not crave something more substantive than plankton? I mean how many plankton are in a huge whale bite? And does the whale inhale tons of sea water with her plankton meal? That would drive me crazy because how would you ever taste anything you are eating. Its like that asian beanpole eating all them hotdogs after soaking them in water so he can win the hotdog eating contests.

God, what a void...






My List
Aging (and Apples)
Barnacle - You are HERE
Creativity
Destiny 
Ego 
Forgiveness 
Grace
Haters
IHOP 
Jealousy 
Kindness 
Lesbian 
Magnanimous 
Nostalgia
Oxymoron 
Pizza 
Questions 
Resource 
Serendipity 
Technology 
Undergraduate
Virgin 
Writing
XXX 
Yoga 


Smiley faceIf you enjoyed this article and would like to receive future articles in your inbox --- Subscribe to our free newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome feedback, so please leave your thoughts.

Contact Diane

Name

Email *

Message *