25 April 2015

V is for Virgin

This makes me think of those innocent words, "I'm saving myself for after I'm married."

I don't know who picked this word, because it definitely didn't come from me. I think "virgin" is so old school that in today's society it might be reduced to "newbie" and I'm sorry.

That's me thinking out loud. Actually, that's me writing stream of consciousness. I can't take that back. I can, but I won't. Newbie isn't as positive as virgin, but it sort of has the same connotation. Unworldly, lacking experience, needing to be shown the ropes. This is all very disconcerting to me, but I can't seem to shut up. Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free? In other words, virginity isn't as valued as once before, but neither is marriage. So what happened?

I think there were just too many girls discovering that sex was more powerful than virtue. With sex, they could get guys to do what they want, when they want. The girl had the power between her legs. But, will she have the power of persuading him to walk down that aisle? Am I being too cynical?


My List
Aging (and Apples)
Barnacle
Creativity
Destiny 
Ego 
Forgiveness 
Grace
Haters
IHOP 
Jealousy 
Kindness 
Lesbian 
Magnanimous 
Nostalgia
Oxymoron 
Pizza 
Questions 
Resource 
Serendipity 
Technology 
Undergraduate
Virgin  - You are HERE
Writing
XXX 
Yoga 



Smiley faceIf you enjoyed this article and would like to receive future articles in your inbox --- Subscribe to our free newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome feedback, so please leave your thoughts.

Contact Diane

Name

Email *

Message *