01 April 2015

A is for Aging

Gyad, aging. Very sensitive topic for a woman my age. I can't believe I'm 48. lol shorthanding
in my posts. I originally think of apples with the letter A so I tried to stay away from that connotion. Is that a word? Connotion...no, connotation. That's a word. I'll look it up later.
Apple seems so appropriate though because when it's what we remember when in what, Kindergarten? The apple with the little green caterpillar in the hole, the rotted out hole. Was it a worm or a caterpillar? I don't think caterpillars are apple eaters, but I never even saw a worm or caterpillar in an apple my entire life.

Go away apple, this is supposed to be aging. Getting old. Speaking of getting older, apples get older in media too. I remember Snow White and that apple being poisoned. The picture of the apple was less cartooney, more dark red and "seductive"! Slutty apple! So apples age in the media. Why is media on my mind? Old apples now have me thinking about the plate of fruit I decorated 2 weeks ago. Bananas, oranges, apples. Two weeks makes apples old. Aging and rotting go well together.

What about peeling apples and letting them dry out, putting decorations on them and creating shrunken voodoo heads? I just cleaned off my fruit platter! What a waste. The apples fell into the trashcan, taking along with it the film of old rotten syrup that built up on the bottom. Gross. Old apples!





My List
Aging (and Apples) - You are HERE
Barnacle
Creativity
Destiny 
Ego 
Forgiveness 
Grace
Haters
IHOP 
Jealousy 
Kindness 
Lesbian 
Magnanimous 
Nostalgia
Oxymoron 
Pizza 
Questions 
Resource 
Serendipity 
Technology 
Undergraduate
Virgin 
Writing
XXX 
Yoga 



Smiley faceIf you enjoyed this article and would like to receive future articles in your inbox --- Subscribe to our free newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome feedback, so please leave your thoughts.

Contact Diane

Name

Email *

Message *