02 December 2012

J is For JESUS Help Me, I Have a Toothache!


Honestly, I'd rather be giving birth right now. This is why I save the pain medications prescribed after major surgery such as tummy tucks or painful procedures like breast biopsies. You never know when you'll really need them for something like a cracked molar.

I'd welcome a bone-crushing blow to the jaw, because that would drown out the last bit of niggling pain which pierces the ends of each swollen root of my bottom, right molar. There's always that constant annoyance which remains no matter how many milligrams of Hydrocodone you ingest.

I feel like there's a cancer growing in my gland, or maybe just some gremlin waiting at the end of the infected nodule with a pair of fingernail clippers, and every three seconds it snips a piece of infected meat off the pulsating nerve. My poor tooth screams out for some relief and the generic Oxycodone yells back, "Shut it! I'm doing the best I can."

Meanwhile, I watch the clock because if I don't take another pill exactly thirty minutes before my next scheduled dosage, I will be crying like a baby, curled in the fetal position, while attempting the shallow breathing technique I learned in yoga class, all this while waiting for my medication to kick in.

I will finally get some relief tomorrow morning when I undergo the much welcomed root canal. It can't happen soon enough and it will definitely be making progress.


15 comments:

  1. Hope it is in the past soon. I've had a few and it sure makes you want to floss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but I think I just want to punch myself in the face, Eve!

      Delete
  2. Feel better. That sounds awful, Diane. I feel so bad for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly! I think tomorrow around noon, I will be much better!

      Delete
  3. Let me know how the root canal goes because I need to get THREE! Thanks to having my teeth knocked out in an accident and then wired back in place. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That happened a while ago! Aren't you in pain lady??!

      Delete
  4. Happy root canal, Diane! May your recovery be virtually painless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get 24 more hours to be on pain medicine. Yuck!! Thanks though!

      Delete
  5. Ah, this sucks. Tooth pain is horrible. Bright side is the root canal won't seem as bad :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I always hear people say negative things about root canals, but my only experience has been they take away pain, not give it. lol

      Delete
  6. Yikes. I must admit, teeth problems terrify me. There's nothing worse. Hope you're doing better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be tomorrow around 8:30 am! Thanks, J.W. I don't know how anyone could enjoy pain killers. They make me feel loopy and nauseated. Guh...

      Delete
  7. Ohhhh I had some wisdom teeth issues a few years back and Oxy didn't touch the pain! All it did was make me uncomfortably loopy (I hate feeling out of control of my own body.) I hope you are feeling better now, Diane!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, much better, randi! The Oxy made me loopy and made me vomit. :(

      I am singing Happy Days the rest of the week, so thank you!

      Delete
  8. I hope things are improving now...

    I haven't had that, but a sinus infection can mimic the pain of one.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome feedback, so please leave your thoughts.

Contact Diane

Name

Email *

Message *