This month's prompt at Absolute Write:
The End (of the World)
Yes, since the predicted Mayapocalypse only fails to materialize once every 500 years or so we are piggybacking on it. Write what you will about the end of the world (those disinclined to eschatology can write about "the end" in a broader sense). Hopefully, after these ends of the world as we know it, we'll all feel fine.
Here is my month's contribution. I'm going to list for you the top 10 stupid things you can do when you realize the world is ending. It's up to you, though. I've been reading people's lists, and these seem to be top items for many, but you know what? No matter how popular they are, they're still stupid. Here's why!
10. Sell your house! You can't take it with you. Though, some non-believer will be happy to buy it from you "dirt cheap".
9. Sell your car! Why not? See #10!
8. Give all your money away to charities. It's what you should have been doing all along so the government wouldn't take it away and do it for you!
7. Go on a crime spree. If the world doesn't end, and since you've sold your house, you'll at least have a home at the local prison.
6. Join a church and start prayers. God already knows you're a non-believer, so if you do this because it's the end of the world, you're just going to piss Him off.
5. Go wing suit flying! Projectiling into the side of a mountain like a bug on a windshield can't be nearly as painful as being nuked and evaporating off the face of the earth.
4. Confess your love to your crush. There's nothing like the feeling that you never had a chance, only to be struck by the knowledge that you never had a chance when she tells you she's not interested.
3. Gorge yourself, hoard all that food! Then when the world doesn't end, you can (again) blame your weight gain on something other than yourself.
2. Run naked through the streets declaring God loves everyone. What a great way to alert all those folks on crime sprees that it's open season for rape and sodomy.
1. Invest in yellow contacts and tattoo your face red with two horns on your forehead. Whether you wind up in heaven or hell, it should make for an interesting conversation with your host!
Participants and posts:
orion_mk3 (link to post)
dolores haze (link to post)
randi.lee (link to post)
writingismypassion (link to post)
bmadsen (link to post)
Ralph Pines (link to post)
AllieKat (link to post)
MsLaylaCakes (link to post)
katci13 (link to post)
Angyl78 (link to post)
pyrosama (YOU ARE HERE)
Araenvo (link to post)
CJ Michaels (link to post)
SuzanneSeese (link to post)
BBBurke (link to post)
gell214 (link to post)
SRHowen (link to post)
meowzbark (link to post)
Aheïla (link to post)