06 January 2013

More Things To Do In Photoshop

I've been having too much fun with my Photoshop classes. The reality is, I have to complete this course in 30 days because that's how long I get to keep the CS6 Photoshop free trial version. I'm taking notes, plenty of notes! Here's my latest transformation. I hope you like it.


I had to add a background texture, change her hair color and dress color, and I had to put a bit of glow on her skin to make her even more beeeautiful!

The picture below is the result of merging two photos and adding contrast to give it some cinematic lighting effects. 


The next class, which I started today, is CS6 Dreamweaver. It's a pretty easy application to learn if you've had the opportunity to work with CSS, HTML and Photoshop. If I hadn't taken Photoshop first, I would be lost in this class. I'll admit, I'm a coder first, a designer second. This is tedious work, so unless you're serious about learning the features, you may find yourself giving up on it. But don't!

With each lesson, things get easier and easier. Just like with anything new you learn, it is going to take practice. Three hours into Dreamweaver, I was ready to call it quits. Then my inner critic said, "Right, quit because real developers write java and client/server functionality. Are you going to let a few pixels and property settings kick your ass?" You see where this is going, right?

Well, I continued on with my lessons, and I have to say I'm glad I didn't give up. Tim is going to buy me the full Adobe CS6 when I'm done.

My next gift to myself...


Beautiful, isn't she?



21 comments:

  1. She really is beautiful, and good luck with your classes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...she's pretty. I have a Dell Ultrabook that makes her looks a little less fabulous. Lol!

    Love the pictures! Especially the second one. I can't even tell your merged anything. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not liking Dell then. :D

      I'm still learning, but when I get it perfected, I will definitely share a lot more.

      Delete
  3. Isn't Photoshop subscription based now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can get a one year subscription to Adobe's entire suite of tools for almost $50 per month. I'm not sure how much it goes up for renewal after the first year.

      Dependent upon how much you rely on the tools, you may get a return on your initial investment buying the software package itself. One high end website design would pay for the package twice. :)

      Delete
  4. wow, you are gonna be a design guru soon! Impressive job self teaching :) Can't wait to see your blog when you are done... you are going to show off your new skills with a blog redesign, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have to tackle the job of deconstruction my Blogger template first. :D

      I can't wait to see what my first project will be, still pondering it.

      Thanks, Sharon!

      Delete
  5. I Love what you've shown us so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Just think, it's only the beginning. :)

      Delete
  6. These are amazing, Diane. I'm very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm looking forward to more projects.

      Delete
  7. Those are great images. I especially love the second one. Can't even tell it's two images. My free trail for Photoshop ran out a couple of days ago :(
    I'll, hopefully, have the money to buy it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm buying the student edition for my daughter who is in college. It's much cheaper that way!

      Delete
  8. It's amazing how much you can do with photoshop. And it's so funny how many people want to look as beautiful as the women on the magazine covers, but they fail to see how much some people have been photoshoped too!
    I can't work out how you put the second pics together. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I agree. It's amazing how many people use Photoshop to make a subject appear thinner, younger, and more beautiful. I think people would be much happier if they allow a true photographer to capture that natural, inner beauty.

      Delete
  9. Photoshop is SUCH a powerful program! Back in the day before I learned its wonders I was terribly "ghetto" about these things: I screen printed things into Paint and Word, ha ha. I still do that sometimes, too, because one of the computers I use doesn't have PS5 installed...it manages to get me by, lol. LOVE the image, it's absolutely gorge! Keep having fun with it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks randi! I've been using Paint as well. LOL, and you're right, it gets the job done. I only have the trial versions so they are set to expire really soon. But I will then have to fork out the cash!

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've got yourself a spammer there, Diane!

    I do like that second photo... looks very dramatic with what you've done to it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks William!

      Wow, usually Blogger is good about catching the spammers. *grumble*

      Delete

I welcome feedback, so please leave your thoughts.

Contact Diane

Name

Email *

Message *